Bank holidays December 2022: Banks to remain closed for 14 days in December, check the full state-wise list
Bank holidays in December 2022: The calendar year is going to end this month. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) issues a list of holidays every month when banks remain shut. As per the RBI bank holidays list, all public and private sector banks will remain closed for 14 days in December this year. The holidays include various festivals and Sundays and second and fourth Saturdays.
The bank holidays are differentiated into 3 different categories: national holidays, religious festivals, and state-specific festivals. People visiting the banks in the month of December for normal banking transactions should be aware of the bank holidays to avoid the last-minute rush and inconvenience. In the given post, we have discussed the complete list of Bank Holidays in December 2022.
- December 1, 2022: State Inauguration Day/Indigenous Faith Day- Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh
- December 3, 2022: World Disabled Day/Feast of St. Francis Xavier- Tripura, Goa
- December 5, 2022: Sheikh Muhammad Abdullah Jayanti- Jammu and Kashmir
- December 10, 2022: Second Saturday
- December 11, 2022: Sunday
- December 12, 2022: Pa Togan Nengminza Sangma- Meghalaya
- December 18, 2022: Death Anniversary of U SoSo Tham/Guru Ghasidas Jayanti- Meghalaya, Chandigarh
- December 18, 2022: Sunday
- December 19, 2022: Goa Liberation Day- Goa
- December 24, 2022: Christmas Eve/Fourth Saturday- Mizoram, Meghalaya
- December 24, 2022: Fourth Saturday
- December 25, 2022: Sunday
- December 25, 2022: Christmas Day- All over India
- December 26, 2022: Shaheed Udham Singh Jayanti- Haryana
- December 26, 2022: Christmas Holiday- Mizoram, Meghalaya and Telangana
- December 30, 2022: Tamu Losar/U Kiang Nangbah- Sikkim and Meghalaya
- December 31, 2022: New Year’s Eve- Manipur
Therefore, if you need to visit your bank office for any crucial banking business next month, this holiday calendar will be very helpful to you. Plan properly when you go.